19 YEARS

Today I have been married for 19 years... Steve and I were married on 9-8-89...We picked that date so it would be easy to remember...LOL... I can not tell you how many years we forgot... only to remember a few days later...

Steve and I went to the same high school, but I didn't remember him...I had dated the same boy in high school for two years and ended up marrying him, only to divorce two years and two kids later...

I worked with Steve's Dad for 8 years and ended up meeting him, through his dad.

The first time I met his Mom. the girls and I were invited over to his house for supper...I was so proud of the way the girls behaved...until after we had finished eating and were in the living room talking...

During conversation, my youngest daughter Brooke (she was 9 years old)dressed in her favorite blue dress...took her hand up her dress to her arm pit and started making farting sounds, while my oldest daughter Brandy,(she was 10) helped her out by making the sound with her mouth, just in case they couldn't hear her....

I have never been so embarrassed in my life...I closed my eyes and pretended I was somewhere else....only to be interrupted by the sound of laughter...I guess Steve's family knew at that moment we would make a great addition to their family....

12 comments:

Gaspegirl said...

How wonderful Jan, Congratulations to you and Steve!! Life has a funny way of working things out doesn't it?! May you have many more years of married bliss!

Lynnise said...

Congratulations girl!! You've got Jeff and I beat by 7 months!! Lucky for me we got married on my dad and my sis-n- laws birthday- she never forgets to remind me how we ruined her 18th birthday ROFL!!

Aubree said...

happy anniversary! what a wonderful (albeit funny) story!!

BabyBokChoy said...

Congratulations Jan!!! YAY!!!

Greta Adams said...

OMG!! i would have died laughing....girl...that is funny and they sound like my kinda girls...hehehehehehe

congrats and happy anniversary!

Unknown said...

Happy #19 girlfriend! It's an accomplishment to get there ... and to be happy with each other when you arrive!!

As beautiful as Brooke is now it's hard to imagine her with her hand under her armpit .... farting .... especially when she's 'company' at someone else's house! But, you're right ... it's just proof that you guys are genuine, fun, and the perfect match for Steve!!

It's such a funny story, too! I'm hoping you've got it 'scrapped' somewhere ... oh wait ... I guess the blog works, too! bbwwaaahaaha

Miss you honey ...

Chantele said...

Congrats on 19 years! I also loved the "armpit" story. How funny is that?!

iluv2scrapbook! said...

Happy anniversary Jan! And what a funny story although I'm sure for you at that moment you wanted to crawl under some covers never to be seen again. At least they behaved during dinner :)

TanishaRenee said...

Hope you had a great anniversary- thanks for the chuckle!!

Patti Smith said...

Oh I so love that story...I can so see this..it sounds like my family!!! Girl that is an accomplishment this day and time...I was married for 21 yrs the first time and I think 14 this time!!! hehehe....Congrats and best wishes to you both my friend....

Anonymous said...

LOl Happy Anniversary Girl .. I am mad late but umm its the thought right LOL

Nancywithajones said...

I was gonna say AND ITS been a armpit concert ever since bwahahahaha
I remember the first time I met yall (Brooke and Brandy) I couldnt get over how dang cute they were!