Brittney's Bike

We took a small vacation to Gulf Shores Alabama...It was soooo HOT!!!! The campground where we stayed had been hit by a hurricane a few years back and it took most of the trees, but they had really big pads for the campers and alot of paved roads... So like any camping trip, we have to visit Wal-Mart.... Brittney saw this bike and couldn't quit talking about it...Of course her daddy and I were telling her she is almost 19 years old and she doesn't need a bike now... As we were leaving Wal-Mart her grandparents came in and ask her what was wrong and she said "they won't buy me a bike"...LOL So Mamaw and Papaw told her she could ride back to the campground with them... As you can see, they bought her the bike!

Steve and I were talking and it seems that for the past 10 years she has not had a bike... Are we that bad of parents? We have always lived on gravel roads here in Terry, and never thought she would even ride one...

I remember when she was little, we bought her a bike and she rode the wheels off of it... but we never replaced it!

Now my baby has her a big girl bike!!! Look how happy she is!

2 comments:

Patti Smith said...

OMG how cute is that. Tell Britt that I take my bike camping everywhere we go and this last time out Roger purchased me my very own basket for my bike. Now I really feel special as well!!!! LOL...the little things that make us happy. Glad you had a good time. We had great weather last week for our camping it had actually "cooled up" alittle and was nice....bet Mr Houston gets to go camping by next year!! Love the pic and that will make a wonderful scrap page....

Nancywithajones said...

IM crackin up at her on that bike. so does she ride her bike? she needs her a leather jacket and a helmet like chantele....