Teenager for sale! Cheap!!!

Let me set this up for ya....Every once in a while, my sister-in-law brings clothes over to my house that her daughter grew out of or no longer wants...

I found this table I have been wanting in Potterybarn catalog, but it was way too expensive....$1099.00 to be exact...So needless to say, All I could do is dream....until I asked my DEAR SWEET husband..I showed him the picture and off we went to Lowes to get materials.... We started Friday night...See....

Today we were able to paint and finish the table....



I ran out of paint...So I went in the house and told Brittney I was going back to Lowes to get some more paint but I needed to put some mascara on so I wouldn't look like a who-da-thought-it, and she looked at me and said....

"Mom, you are a 50 year old woman wearing a pair of shorts, with Angel written across your butt, I don't think anyone would care if you had on mascara"


13 comments:

Sarah said...

Hahaha, out of the mouth of...teenagers!!

YAY Hubby!! Can I borrow him so he can make me one too?!? I don't live that far away...

Gaspegirl said...

hehehehe... too funny! The table looks awesome!!

Nancywithajones said...

roflmaooo


ok i love the table girl!

Dally said...

LOL Jan ... you are sooo funny!!!
Great table, indeed.

Aubree said...

This had me laughing out loud!!! guess it doesn't matter how old the kids get, they still say the darndest things.

Patti Smith said...

bawahhhahw.....that is so funny. Lord they don't even make stuff like that in my size...How sweet of Steve to make the table for you....make sure you make a pic when you are done. Tell Britt that was a good one...you two are just too cute!!!

Patti Smith said...

Oh and Jan your new blog is BEAUTIFUL....love it, love it....

Lynnise said...

GIRL your blog looks FABULOUS!! I was going to email and apologize for my lack of puter time, but now I'm glad I didn't have time I could have NEVER come up with something this amazing- I LOVE IT!!!

Your story is hysterical- ANGEL BUTT- that's you're new nickname from me LOL!

Greta Adams said...

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
{snort!}
i swear i need to get my ass up there.... we can walk around and you can be angel and i will be devil.....hehehehehehehehehehehehe

oh got my face hurts...

LOVE your new facelift ( the blog)

Unknown said...

Britt is so right and so hilarious!! :) And tell Steve, that his loving daughter wants one of those tables too when he is finished making yours :)

Anonymous said...

Have not read the post yet, but I LOVE THIS BLOG SKIN!!!! YOU SO ROCK!!! Gina

Anonymous said...

WAIT!!!
The Hubbs heard, Jason Castro singing Hallelujah and asked me to stay...they he MADE me stay for Wild Cherry, Play that Funky Music white boy!!! You are wrecking my marriage! LOL!

michelle said...

i LOVE brit!