Watching Gustav

What a name huh.... I don't know where they come up with these names...Brittney said it was French...She said the man who designed the Eiffel was named Gustave, so maybe that's where it came from...

We have been doing alot of cleaning around here...We cleaned out the garage, and the back patio....and it looks so good, maybe the weather won't mess it up too bad...

During Katrina, we were left with no electricity for a week, but not much damage other than 1 tree down, and a lost trampoline, since then we thinned out our mass of trees, especially close to the house.. I still miss our trampoline...so do the grandkids...

Every TV in my house is on the weather channel...LOL.... It's hard to believe that a storm is coming, it is a beautiful, but hot day here... the sun is shinning and the birds are singing....I guess this is the calm befor the storm...

I hope the people in New Orleans and Biloxi, aren't hit as bad this time!

We will most likely just get tornados and thunderstorms....

I hope everyones stays safe!!!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Jan, I hope you and your family stay safe!

Patti Smith said...

Jan ya'll take care I've been thinking about you and Nancy...golly it is so scary...

Greta Adams said...

i am good down here in biloxi...i just posted some pics taken a few hours ago when we went out in it for a ride...LOL

Unknown said...

I've had the tv turned to the weather channel, too! Watching out for you guys down there in the gulf. It's sure scary stuff ... but, just know that you're in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully things won't be as 'bad' as last time.

Hugs!

Aubree said...

Hope you made it through unscathed!